Austin Marathon races through Austin streets Valentine’s weekend – Full and partial street closures
Travelers in Austin should be aware of potential traffic delays expected on Sunday, Feb. 14th in Central and North Austin from the 2010 Austin Marathon and Half Marathon.
Austin Marathon and Half Marathon
The Austin Marathon and Half Marathon is taking place on Sunday, February 14, 2010. The Marathon and Half Marathon begin at 7 a.m. on Congress Ave at 2nd Street and conclude on Congress Ave. near 10th Street. Street closures will affect roads from 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on February 14 on a rolling schedule. Below is a list of some of the major road closures:
Full Road Closures:
- Congress Ave. from 11th St. to Cesar Chavez St.
- South Congress Ave. from Cesar Chavez St. to Riverside Dr.
- Ben White Frontage from Congress Ave. to South 1st St.
- Veterans Dr. from Stephen F. Austin to Lake Austin Blvd.
- Enfield Rd. from Scenic Rd. to Exposition Blvd.
- Shoal Creek Blvd from Hancock Dr. to White Rock Dr.
- Great Northern from White Rock Dr. to Foster Ln.
Partial Road Closures:
- South Congress Ave. from Riverside Dr. to Ben White Blvd. (Open to North bound traffic)
- South 1st St. from Ben White Blvd. to Riverside Dr. (Open to South bound traffic)
- Cesar Chavez St. from Congress Ave. to Stephen F. Austin Dr. (Open to West bound traffic)
- Lake Austin Blvd. from Loop 1 (Mopac) to Exposition Blvd. (One lane open in each direction)
- Exposition Blvd. from Enfield Rd. to West 35th St. (Open to North bound traffic)
You can find the entire street closure schedule at: http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/specialevents/downloads/austinmthon_closures_021410.pdf
To see a map of the street closure, click here: http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/specialevents/downloads/austinmthon_map_021410.pdf
Event Web site: www.youraustinmarathon.com